Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, July 14, 2008

It's my Birthday and I can cry if I want to...

Yeah, I know...it's been a while. But considering my last blog post was my sweet hubby's bday I figured, nearly 3 months later..it was high time I get back into the wonderful world of blogging...soo needless to say...Yes, I'm alive and well, in fact, I'm another year old. I'm 25. Big old, 2-5. Smack dab, in my Mid-twenties. Half way to 30. Quarter of a century old!!!!!

First of all...let me just say, I love birthdays. I love cake, I love phone calls, texts, birthday emails, Birthday posts on my FB wall (yeah I know..lame) and I looove presents and birthday dinners. I also love other people's birthdays. My new years resolution this year was to remember everyone's birthdays and to do a better job of sending out cards. (I'm not perfect, I've missed a few... forgive) I love writing poems (see below post....I usually only write birthday poems for embarrassment purposes for my sweet hubby..) With all that being said, I had high expectations for my birthday this year...after all, I'm 25!

My day was not good. I should have known. It fell on a Monday after all...and No Mondays are ever really good days. Now I also must mention, it was not for lack of phone calls, texts, emails, or FB messages...it was one word...WORK. It sucked (for lack of better words..) I cried, twice today. Once in the morning and one big long wanting to punch a wall, yell all sorts of words, ball my eyes out, cry fest. Writing it all out, would probably only make me sound like a whiny baby, and make most people roll their eyes at me, so I won't bore you with the details..after all, that was only part of my day. I would like to move forward to the WAY better part of my day.

In the midst of all the madness at work, I got so many phone calls, texts and emails that truly brightened my day. And a shout out from my friend Mal on her blog, that made my day as well. A beautiful bouquet of flowers from my sweet parent's in law. They are sitting on my desk to keep me happy the rest of the week. I had a fabulous lunch with some of my best friends, Jacqueline, Whitney, and EJ. Got a pair of too cute earring from Whit that I wore tonight to dinner....which speaking of Joe...my Wonderful, Sweet, Perfect (most of the time!) Husband was just the icing on the cake. He had planned a nice romantic dinner at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse......while I'm not much for steak, the salmon was delish!! as was the Chocolate Cake for dessert! Y.U.M.M.Y! But before we went to dinner, Joe was so excited, he asked me if I wanted my present....Uhh...I just got through balling my eyes out..and I also thought dinner was my present this year..one word..YES! PRESENTS!!!!

Let me tell you.....Joe brought out this huge box...what could it be?!?! I had no idea! Beautifully wrapped in last years Christmas paper (my boy - he's a saver!) I opened the first box...to find a smaller box. I open it, to find more paper, and some trash bags...ummmm..ok. Then it leads me to another smaller box. I unwrap it to find my Hefty Trash Bag box....You got me trash bags, I got free from work???(*notice the picture of the trast bags above) then I dig through the trash bags and find this:

A New IPOD!!!! Yay!!! I've been asking for one of these, and I'm sooooo excited!!! Now, somebody pleeeeease teach me how to use it!!


Joeybear did great! I may have cried again...this time, it was happy tears though. The dinner at Ruth's Chris was delicious and the dessert was to die for. I couldn't have had a better birthday!


So goodbye, 24 year old, little girl. I'm now graduated to a 25 year old, Big girl!!



And yes...I promise...more blogging, more regularly to come...stay tuned stalker friends...

3 comments:

The Laceys said...

Yea! She has returned!

Crystal and Billy said...

Happy Belated Birthday!! Hopefully you can get better at this blogging thing...You crack me up with your posts!!

The Laceys said...

You have been tagged! You will have fun with this one!