
My dear Birthday Boy
You’re a Quarter of a Century Old!
This year I thought for your special day,
It was important I do something bold.
It’s been a while since I’ve rhymed for you,
My sweet Joey Bear.
Birthdays with me,
You always seem to fear!
Last year though,
You let me back in.
Now this year has come
And I’m at it again!
I’ll try to be nice.
Not give too much away.
But some of your co-workers
Think you swing the “other way” !
I told them, “we’re married now!”
We are husband and wife.
We’ve got each other’s back
We are partners for life!
So I’m sticking up for you,
Telling our side of the story.
What a great husband you are
Giving you all of your Glory.
I’m secure enough with myself as a wife
To admit there are a few things you do better:
Like cleaning and laundry
And cooking me dinner!
Then there’s the finances
You so graciously took over
Taking all my credit cards away :(
Now all my shopping is done undercover!
You’re so sweet
To iron my clothes
Dust the furniture
And vaccum the flo’s!
Then there are the cute “Chicks”
You flirt with at Sterling Place.
All those crock pot recipe swaps,
We know all that “hard work” wasn’t the case!
That’s one thing I appreciate most,
Your personality and charm.
You look pretty good too…
With me on your arm!
There’s really such a difference
Between marriage and dating.
Especially now…
We are co-habitating.
That’s one thing for sure
I’m getting used to.
The key is: Separate bathrooms
And separate closets for all my shoes!
However some things remain the same,
Like my friends and I making wishes on your belly.
One you granted for us at the wedding..
Shaking your tailfeather like Nelly!
But back to our real lives
I think it’s so great
You pick out the movies
Then cook me a steak (or chicken)
For now I will stop
I may have said too much.
But know this my dear
I sure love you a bunch.
A lot of effort went into surprising you this year
Just look around and see what has been done.
Lots of people love you,
And I’m not the only one!
You’re a Quarter of a Century Old!
This year I thought for your special day,
It was important I do something bold.
It’s been a while since I’ve rhymed for you,
My sweet Joey Bear.
Birthdays with me,
You always seem to fear!
Last year though,
You let me back in.
Now this year has come
And I’m at it again!
I’ll try to be nice.
Not give too much away.
But some of your co-workers
Think you swing the “other way” !
I told them, “we’re married now!”
We are husband and wife.
We’ve got each other’s back
We are partners for life!
So I’m sticking up for you,
Telling our side of the story.
What a great husband you are
Giving you all of your Glory.
I’m secure enough with myself as a wife
To admit there are a few things you do better:
Like cleaning and laundry
And cooking me dinner!
Then there’s the finances
You so graciously took over
Taking all my credit cards away :(
Now all my shopping is done undercover!
You’re so sweet
To iron my clothes
Dust the furniture
And vaccum the flo’s!
Then there are the cute “Chicks”
You flirt with at Sterling Place.
All those crock pot recipe swaps,
We know all that “hard work” wasn’t the case!
That’s one thing I appreciate most,
Your personality and charm.
You look pretty good too…
With me on your arm!
There’s really such a difference
Between marriage and dating.
Especially now…
We are co-habitating.
That’s one thing for sure
I’m getting used to.
The key is: Separate bathrooms
And separate closets for all my shoes!
However some things remain the same,
Like my friends and I making wishes on your belly.
One you granted for us at the wedding..
Shaking your tailfeather like Nelly!
But back to our real lives
I think it’s so great
You pick out the movies
Then cook me a steak (or chicken)
For now I will stop
I may have said too much.
But know this my dear
I sure love you a bunch.
A lot of effort went into surprising you this year
Just look around and see what has been done.
Lots of people love you,
And I’m not the only one!

2 comments:
OKAY I AM TIRED OF LOOKING AT THIS RIDICULOUS PICTURE OF JOE! I WANT A NEW POST. LOTS HAS BEEN GOING ON! TELL THE WORLD ABOUT IT!
Where are you?!
Post a Comment