Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, November 16, 2008

1 down, 49 more to go...

**WARNING: this might get cheesy…be prepared..

So one year ago today, I made a certain promise to my now husband, Joe. I told him that if he stayed with me for just 50 years that after that he’d be free to do whatever he wanted. My thought process was that, after being with me for 50 years, and being 75 by then, I mean who would want either of us old farts, stuck in our ways, wrinkled and all…so we’d be stuck with each other!!  And I’d be ok with that. I also made him promise that no matter what, even if he were unhappy or wanted out…just to stick with me, eventually it would get better (for the said 50 years agreed upon)…So 1 year down only 49 more to go (and then some I hope!!)

In my first year of marriage I was told, it would be the hardest of our marriage….but I must say, so far so good. The only arguments we’ve had is my spending habits (which I think I’ve gotten better at), money in general, cleaning the house…. and of course Tivo (Joe still hasn’t given in…I’m still working on him!) But as for cleaning the house, I’ve gotten better, it’s just that Joe is a neat freak. Even more than I realized when we were just dating….sharing a house has taught me this. But with all of this compromise we’ve been working on in our first year, I feel like I’m happier now than I was on my actual wedding day. And I think that’s the point of marriage. With each day grow happier together and love each other more and more with each passing day, week, month and year.

I truly feel lucky to be married to Joe. Like many of you know, but even if you don’t, he takes care of me – in every way. He cooks me dinner almost every night; he manages the finances and keeps me in check (I should probably keep up with this too); he helps keep our house clean and is trying make me a more organized neat freak person as well. I trust him to help me make most any kind of decisions. I trust his judgment—and usually he’s right. He hugs me when I need it, and makes me laugh daily. He’s weird and goofy, but serious about his responsibilities. He’s a terrible dancer and I love him more, the more terrible he is, just because he’s dancing with me. I looove that he loves my friends almost as much as I love them. He understands my obsession with my niece and nephew, and my special relationship with my mother. He knows it’s her when she calls…daily, several times back to back. He laughs at us, but he understands it. He understands how goofy and loveable my dad is. I love his friends and I love his family – well, now my family. I love his special relationship with his parents as well. I love that he’s just like his dad, with lots of his mom’s personality! I am a lucky girl.

One quote from the greatest movie this year (my opinion), Sex in the City, that has stuck with me;

Samantha: “Relationships aren’t just about being happy. I mean, how often are you happy in your relationship?”
Charlotte: “Every day.”
Samantha: “Every day?!?”
Charlotte: “Well, not all day every day but yes, every day.”

I think Charlotte has it right….

Joe – you make me happy every day….not all day every day because nothing in life is perfect, but every day I’m happy to be married to you!

Yay! Happy Anniversary – we made it 1 whole year – we beat the odds of most Hollywood couples!!

Love,
Your wife



*This picture is from the first meal we had together at home as newlyweds. Of course we had not bought new furniture, no dinning room table, nothing on the walls, so we were eating at the then, coffee table. Look how long my hair was!!

2 comments:

The Laceys said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! What are yall eating in that picture. Just curious?

Tracy & Joe said...

I don't remember..maybe some sort of chicken dish..of course I didn't cook it....