Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Just thinking.....

Do any of you read Kelly's Korner? I do, and have for the past like, 2 years (since her first daughter was born - wow..long time!) No, I don't know her in real life, but I follow her on Twitter and read her blog...almost daily. And I'm not the only one...she has a TON of followers and her blog gets a TON of traffic especially after her first daughter was born and was rushed away to the ICU for all kinds of surgery's and was very scary. She used the blog as a way to reach out for prayers for her and her family. She continues to write about her family and also speak about her faith. It's pretty inspiring. Not that I have kids to relate to her being a mom, but it's just an uplifting blog to read. Anyway, recently some freak took pictures of her kids from her blog and posted them on FB as their own..even posting messages on his wall using her daughters real names and acting as if they were his own. WHATAWEIRDO!!!

Well it got me thinking...for one, how many blogs I read out there. Some are of people I absolutely don't know, some are just people in Memphis (maybe not necessarily knowing them), some are college friends, or friends of friends, or even some that I really know in real life and see all the time...and two, how many people are reading my blog? Do I know you in real life? Did we go to college together or around the same time? or did you come across this blog randomly through someone else? are you some ex girlfriend of Joe's that likes to check up on us through my blog?!? HA! j/k Or did you just find me some other way?!

Like Kelly, and many others, I started this blog to just document mine and Joe's married life together and to talk about totally random things, whenever I felt like it. Now, I know my blog does not warrant the kind of traffic that Kelly's gets. I rarely talk about my faith, because I guess it's a personal relationship I have with God that I don't feel that I need to write about (not that I don't enjoy reading others who do, I just don't think I have the right words to speak about it..it's just personal). I don't have kid updates (other than my precious nephews and niece obsessions). I doubt anyone really cares about my dogs lives. And my posting activity is sporadic and completely random at best. And those of you who comment from time to time, have always been people I know...but what about any others?? I know for me, I very rarely post comments to all the blogs I "stalk", but I know me...I'm no weirdo. I would never copy pictures of people's children and use them as my own. But obviously there are people out there that would. That's scary!!

And what's even scarier, is that my real name and my husband's real name and my dog's real names are attached this blog. I put pictures of our home and our renovations, (sometimes). I never say when we'll be out of town, b/c, well I think that is like inviting someone to break into your house when you aren't home. I guess when I started this, I was naive in thinking that people out in the world would really read this and think it would be ok to research me or find out things about me. But they can...and I've made it easy for them.

It's not like I'm going private or anything, b/c if you want to read, then you totally can and again...I don't really think I have a huge following in the blog world, as I said, my updates are so few and far between (But getting better), so I kinda doubt that I have any true freaks out there or people reading that I don't either know from HS, College or through someone that I actually know...but I am now a little curious.. Who's reading this? No judging whether I know you or not..trust me...I read A LOT of people's blogs out there..just curious...So leave a comment if you stop by sometimes, will you??

5 comments:

Lauren said...

I check out your blog.

I am a scary stalker.

Just kidding, obviously.

Julia said...

I "follow" you and it updates on my blog when you update. Since I never get to supper club, this is how I keep tabs!

Jennifer said...

I read your blog T! I promise to never use Sadie to start a FB page! Miss yall!!!

The Priers said...

Ugh. I've been debating to go private. I think your blog was just the edge I need. I love my friends to read it and really even NORMAL people I don't know. But I need to protect my babies.

Lindsay said...

I'm a Tracy stalker. :)