(what? you thought I was gonna talk about Basketball?!?! yah...no!)
So, why have I kept this a secret? I guess I was a little worried that it might be hard and I would give up after the first week...but surprise....I've actually been going for the past 5 weeks!! The full month of March. I've only missed class twice. I go Monday thru Thursday and a morning class on Saturdays. And to freak you out even more...I'm actually signing on for another month!! For real!!! Honestly when I signed up to the first month, I said that I would give it my all for one month and one month only and see how it goes. And I'm just as surprised as anyone to find out how much I actually enjoy this class!! I haven't found one before, that ever kept me coming back! In fact, I usually wouldn't be able to walk after the first day, and I'd just wouldn't go back.
And to be perfectly honest, I had a lot of difficulty walking after the first few days of this bootcamp - but I did keep coming back, and I'm still surviving each week and while I'm in less pain than that first week, I can always feel new muscles being brought back to life, after resting for so many years!!
Everyday is different, and everyday is hard. We run, we lift some weights, and it's constant for 1 full hour. I sweat my rear off, and I hate it for about the first 5 minutes and wish I hadn't come. But by the end of it, I'm so glad that I pushed through it.
And what makes me like it even more...the results:
In one month I've:
lost about 4 1/2 lbs on the scale -(which I've learned that number isn't as important as these -
Significant loss in my pinches - (begining of the month: 30-46-52 (arm/tummy/thigh) and last night my measurements were 20-20-26) pretty good!
I've lost almost 15lbs in fat weight (this is important)
and I've gained gained about 10lbs in lean weight (which again, is muscle and the good weight!)
Motivatin for me is results. If I don't see results then I stop, but when I do...it makes me realize all the hard work is worth it.
Why am I putting this all out into the world? I guess to just keep me accountable and to remind myself that I'm really doing something and it's making a difference. I don't think I'll do weekly posts about it...but just proud of my progress thus far..
I'm hoping for even better news in the coming month. I wish I could be at the Grand Opening this weekend, but I already had plans. BUT if I didn't, I'd be there, and be bringing Joe for that free class, to show him what we really do everyday!! But if any of you who read this thing are interested, and live in Memphis..please go by there for a free class and some fun! You can even sign up for a month at a huge discount, and your $$ will go to the Memphis Fire Dept!! (Tell Dexter, I sent ya!!)

1 comment:
I LOVE Bootcamp and have been doing it hard core since September. Keep up the hard work...you will really enjoy your "new" body!! :)
Post a Comment