Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Why do you care? To feed my Ego - Duh! Now to play some catch-up!!

My dear husband, (who is "soooo busy" at work) somehow finds the time to read my blog. He questioned my reason for asking who's reading. (he just doesn't get it!) But what I asked him, and more importantly....Why didn't you comment...you totally read it! His response, like some of my other IRL friends was the same, "I don't comment on blogs!" Well boo on you, and extra thanks to those of you who did actually comment! Totally felt the love! :) And soo thankful none of you were weirdo/stalkers who would try to take pictures of my sweet babies (puppies)and use them as your own!

So moving on...apparently in the last month there were a few things that I have missed blogging about. So I thought I'd list them all out:

1. TheMostWonderfulHusbandInTheWorld was born on April 19!! We didn't do much. In fact, I was TheMostTERRIBLEWifeInTheWorld for not surprising him with any gifts or cake or a surprise party or a poem and flowers at the office! I cannot believe myself really. Although I was given STRICT orders NOT to buy a single thing for him, because he wanted something specific and hadn't decided yet what that was, but knew he didn't want to spend all the money himself. He's the most practical gift receiver I know. He almost always wants something big. And it usually benefits both of us in some way (either for the house or for the boat). This time was the latter..he wanted a new stereo and speakers for the boat. So he asked for $$ as a gift so he could save up for it. Me on the other hand...would ask for $ so I could shop for clothes. He and I are so different, but thank goodness we fit well together!!

All this to say though..I truly LOOOOVE my Joeybear, and I'm really thankful that he was born and raised so wonderfully and purposely to be my other half! I love him!! (hope he reads this!)

2. ROYAL WEDDING!!! No, I didn't get up to watch it. But my TiVo was on overload trying to catch every coverage of the wedding, or discussion of the wedding possible. My Friday night of the Royal Wedding day, consisted of take out sushi, and hours of watching my tivo to catch up on the big day. It really is history in the making, and while I wasn't awake to be part of it at 3:00 am, I was there, Friday night, eating take out. Every girls fantasy of becoming a real life princess coming true for one, Kate Middleton! Congrats to Kate and Wills - loooooved the dress!!

3. Osama Bin Laden - Dead. Wow. Where were you when 9/11 happened? I was in my dorm room at Mississippi State. Phone was ringing off the hook at like 8:00 am (not sure the exact time, but it was early b/c I was still asleep) And my roommates mother kept calling until we answered. She told us to turn on the news immediately and she and I just sat there and watched. It was gut wrenching. Where were you when you found out Bin Laden was dead? I was just getting into bed after a long weekend. As I do most nights, I checked Twitter for any updates...and there it was. I found out through Twitter! We of course turned on the news just in time for Obama to make the announcement. Almost 10 years later. I will always remember where I was for both of these monumental times in our history.

4. Bootcamp update - So I've been going to bootcamp for 2 1/2 months straight. That means I've been working out consistently - like more than 2 days in a row! Amazing accomplishment in itself!! But to top that, I'm consistently getting and seeing great results. Only a week and half until Memorial Day - D-Day as I like to refer to it. Moment of truth....How will I look in a bikini?!?! Yeah, I'm totally not posting pics on here or anything...but my goal this entire time, has been to NOT look like a whale on the boat!! I have yet to even try on that bikini yet....and I don't plan to until that weekend....wish me luck!

5. We had the BEST weekend visiting my brother and his family for Easter Weekend. My baby nephew was Christianed, and we celebrated with a crawfish boil (oh soo good!) and some great quality time with all of my family. The video below is of my older nephew showing off his bike riding skills without any training wheels! I am so proud of him! He's growing up too fast! As you could tell, he was a little over confident and showing off for the camera! As soon as he crashed, my brother said, oh gosh, I hope someone got that on tape! Thank goodness we did...Jackson laughed so hard at himself, and showed everyone (even the priest at church) his little "funniest home video". I also got to have some good girl time with my only sweet niece. Sweetest little priss I know!! And lots of good baby holding time with Joseph. He's so laid back! So thankful for every time and minute I get to spend with these 3 precious loves of mine! Who knew my stinky, yucky, mean, tough, older brother could have caught such a girl like Jeni and produced some of the most amazing kids I know?!!? (just kidding...love my brother!)Thanks for hosting such a great weekend!

6. Bathroom Update: I'd like to tell you that it's finished, and we've been using it for the last month or so. And that I just was being lazy and didn't post about it. But I cannot. Because it's not finished. What's that saying..."a contractor's wife is the last house that's finished" or something? (same goes with plumbers, painters, or any other profession really) You'd think that with Joe knowing how to get this stuff done, we'd have no trouble in finishing the project. Trouble is, time. We have none. And really I can't blame my sweet husband. He really does do as much as possible when time allows. And he's always got a thousand projects in the works and only he knows how to do it. (Trust me, I've offered to help...although he tells me it'd take double the time if I tried to help...) So here we are. Shower is all tiled, and currently finishing up being grouted (sp?). The guys are coming on Thursday to put in the shower door. Then Joe will re-paint the whole thing (which probably won't take very long.) Then move the toilet into the new bathroom. Put up a mirror...and BAM - Bathroom is finished!! I can see the light...we are almost there!!

7. I know I mentioned before, but Memorial Day is like a week and half away. Wow. This year has flown by! I cannot believe that we are already ready for summer. I seriously can't wait to be on this: Not actually our boat..but you get the drift..
Lounging on this:Yeah we really bought this. It's at Costco, and I think will be worth every penny!
With one of these in hand:

Yeah, to say I'm ready for the river....HUGE understatement!! I look forward to this time of year, every year, and especially since we bought the boat. All our friends have said goodbye to us for the summer, since they know..if it's the weekend, we are at the river enjoying the water and the boat! Good news is, they know we always try to find weekend(s) to invite them along too!

8. Have I ever told you that my favorite number is 8? Well it is. Always has been. So I figured I'd end this list with my favorite number and a random fact about me!

There ya go...all the updates that I could think of!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

great post=) Miss you Tracy!!! Keep me updated on your life!!

Julia said...

I remember my mom calling on 9/11. I was about the give her an earful for waking us up when we didn't have to get up yet!!!!!