Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, April 10, 2008

"She Gettin' Married May 3rd, but She Ain't Married Tonight..."

Well the rumors are true..this beautiful New Orleans Goddess is getting married May 3rd, but she sure wasn't married this past weekend!!

This past weekend our group from College all headed down south to New Orleans for Kristin's bachelorette party! We had a blast! When we got there Friday afternoon, we all checked into our cute hotel room. We stayed at the Andrew Jackson hotel, it was this little bed n breakfast type place, old rooms but it was a great location, only a couple of blocks from Jackson Square Park and Bourbon. We walked everywhere...my calves are tired! Friday night we got ready for our dinner, "Cinderella" made reservations for us at this little Italian restaurant several blocks away near a bunch of Local bars. Meg was such a great tour guide. After a wonderful dinner and a few bottles of wine, and of course our dessert shot from the owner of the restaurant, we headed out to the local bars. I think the locals there, were less than impressed with a fun lively bachelorette party, but we found a bar that was pretty much empty before we got there and this free style rap group were ready to start there set. We danced most of the night there. Kristin especially had a blast and became an integral part of the band, with her mad tambourine/ cow bell skills. (They definitely needed more cow bell...) The main singer even made up a catchy tune called, "She getting married May 3rd, but she ain't married tonight" (hence the title of this blog..) Except for the bass player having terrible dog breath, we had a GREAT time hanging out....got back to the hotel about 2:30...

Saturday morning woke up in time to head over to Cafe Du Monde for Beignets and Coffee. YUM!! And then off for a little shopping. I bought NOTHING, NADA! (thanks Joe for the guilt trip....kidding..he said I could buy something if I wanted, but just didn't see anything I needed, very weird!) We walked around the French Quarter most of the afternoon, grabbing a yummy Po Boy at one of the corner restaurants and of course had to get started on the Hurricane's early!! Headed back to the hotel to get ready for the Big Grils Night out of Singleness! Had dinner at Mauriel's. The dinner was Delish! I think my favorite thing was this appetizer, crawfish crepe. Sounds weird, but soo soo good. (I had to take a picture..)

After dinner, a few of us took Kristin over for a Pre-Bachelorette LRG Hurricane to begin the nights festivities!! (while everyone else headed back to the hotel to get the party started and the room decorated) We made it back to the hotel and opened Lingerie (sorry no pictures, per Kristin's request!!:) ) played games and ate some yummy, chocolate pen..ummm treats (thanks Blair!! and the Hustler Store Clerk for the great suggestion!! haha!) After we got our "Kristin's Krewe" shirts on, we headed out to tear Bourbon Street up...and we did! We did Pat O's first. Kristin was a "Small town Girl" and sang her sweet heart out! Further down Bourbon, did a little rock n roll band dancing, then off to the booty dancing bar. I swear, we literally walked into the bar, and walked right on stage...like we do. (We owned the place) Although there were several other bachelorette parties out and about, No one had as cute of outfits as we did, nor were they as popular with the DJ's or piano players as we were. Everyone loved us (why wouldn't they?? -- we had the cutest Bride with us!!) We stayed on the stage half the night, and when we weren't up on the stage, the DJ was wanting us to get back up there....geez..it's hard being that popular! ha.

We left that club and while most of us were beat ( I mean it was like 3:30!!) Kristin was still ready to go, so we headed down Bourbon a little longer until we saw the lights of the most fantastic place in the world (yes, better than Disney) The Bright Lights of KRYSTALS!! Best late night food E.V.E.R. Of course this particular Krystals, was also a hotel for the homeless (who were asleep upstairs) as well as they lost my order, and gave me spicy chiks instead of regular. I won't hold it against them. It was 4:00 in the morning at this point with a crowd of a bunch of drunk rowdy people barking orders at them....I'll give them a break...I mean, I probably didn't need that food anyway....

We finally got home at about 4:45 am, got our 4 hours of sleep and checked out at 11:00 am the same morning. I surely didn't want to leave!! We had our one last meal (My Belgium Waffle was soo soo good) before we all headed that long way north 55 back to Jackson....and then my even longer drive home to Memphis. I literally made it home at about 9:15 and crashed!

Joe had a good weekend home alone too, but he says he missed me like crazy....he's so sweet...but what did he do?! It must be bad if he's talking all sweet.....Oh no, he drank all day and ate crawfish over at Mollie and Wilson's....he's just drunk talking sweet! Gosh I love him! ha I missed him too...However Unfortch, I will be missing him all over again this weekend! "What in the world, 2 weekends in a row?!?" you say, well yes. I'm a terrible wife. But also just a popular one too....My mom and I are taking a girls trip down to SoFlo (South Florida -- Ft. Lauderdale / Boca Raton) My sweet friend Rach is down there in Med School and so graciously is allowing my mom and I to stay with her, plus my great grandmother (Grandma) lives in Boca. (She is like 96, but acts like she's still 70! She used to take me shopping and be like, oh that's so "cool" and "hip" and that was only like 10 years ago...Her health isn't what it used to be, but she still keeps her up-beat personality that she's always had. She's so fun!! I can't wait!!)

This weekend we've got big plans with Rach and Grandma, which I'll post pics soon!!!

No comments: