So I will be the first to admit it....I was wrong. The new "90210" is terrible..even worse than I thought it would be. I mean I knew it wouldn't be great, or even close to the old "90210" but come on!!! I know it's supposed to be all modern to fit our day, but give me mom jeans, bangs - the classic 80's/ early 90's hair styles and wardrobe, unrealistic yet familiar version of high school in Beverly Hills, token hot guy, relateable characters - I miss the old show!! Back then I couldn't wait for Wednesday nights to watch my favorite show. (I loved Dylan of course..) So when I heard they were coming out with a new version of 90210 with some new players, yet some familiar faces from the past (Nat, Kelly and Brenda -- and I'm still hoping Donna Martin shows her face and new designs!!) I thought it would be somewhat like the old show. But truly, I was thoroughly disappointed to say the least. It was just so unbelievable. While the old show was quite edgy for it's time...this one is just ridiculous! These kids are supposed to like 15-16 year olds and they go to the same bars as their teachers, are "too stressed out" to write a book report because of their sweet 16 birthday which by the way they have a bar at! Hello!! Where's the Peach Pit!! What's with this coffee bar!?!?! On a first date the new "Brenda" gets flown off to San Fransisco..Yeah. Right. The new Jim and Cindy...are anything BUT the old Jim and Cindy. "Jim" wannabe has an illegitimate kid with his old High School Girlfriend. I mean why couldn't they bring Steve and Janet back with their child and make it about them....They have "Silver" -(Kelly and David's little sister..as well as Hannah Zucherman-Vasquez - however you spell her name) And yeah, I know it's an all new show and it's not supposed to be the same as the Old one, but it looks like all the took from the old show was the name itself and the few old characters who I doubt will have a real key role in the new series..they were only cast to get all the viewers back watching....The only character that I actually enjoyed watching was the Grandmother because she's a Kook! Now I must back track just a bit, b/c I do love the unrealisticness (is that a word?) of Gossip Girl set in New York, and these rich kids and crazy stories..but in their defense..they weren't trying to be 90210. I was told we were getting 90210 so that's what I expected!!!

To be honest, I think I'd rather see what the old cast is up to rather than watch any more of these phony wannabes pretend they are the edgiest show on television when clearly this whole show is a fraud. I will give it one more week to show me it's worth it, but as for now....I'm thinking this show won't last past 1 season, much less the 10 years that the original was on the air! (And yes, I realize this was a little dramatic of a rant...but I really was disappointed...I had high hopes for this new series!)


1 comment:
I TOTALLY agree Tracy! This was like a bad combination of The OC and Saved by the Bell (although I do love that show still!) It was such a disappointment and not worth wasting 2 hours of tv time! yuk!
Post a Comment