It's been a crazy month, let's see, what's been going on:
I was in a hole for about 3 weeks reading,eating,sleeping,breathing,daydreaming, and obsessing about all things Twilight. I mean, really I'm not sure if Obsession is a strong enough word. I LOVED these books. The movie is growing on me, but the books, I'm seriously debating if I should start reading them again already?! (is it too soon?!?!) I can't get enough. I would like to touch on a few things from the books...well really, just one, I LOOOOVE EDWARD!! I mean to be loved the way he loves Bella....sigh! Yeah I get it, these are fictional characters.....and yes, he's a Vampire. But seriously, I haven't met any men out there that love their women as much as Edward loves Bella, so I guess it's just Vampire love that I seek! If you haven't read these books yet, set aside a couple of weeks and get consumed! It's a wonderful, sweet, addictive vampire love story!! I'm serious, people of all ages loove these books!!
So BIG news in the Shearin household.............(drum roll)..........
WE BOUGHT A HOUSE!!!!!!
Well it's almost official anyway.....We close at the end of April (next week!!) and will spend most of May working on it. Our lease is up at the apt. end of May so literally in a month we'll have a new residence!! So exciting!! It's an older home in Germantown and needs some TLC and paint, and new appliances, mulch outside, kitchen updated, bathrooms updated..ya know....a fixer upper. Of course it's right up Joe's ally since he loves all things using his tools and working hard! Lucky for me! I told him I'd be in charge of painting if he could do, pretty much, everything else (all things I don't have a clue how to do!) It's near my parents house, and when I say near, I mean, literally walking distance, around the corner,throw a rock and you hit it, if you could walk through my neighbors backyard, and across the street...there is my parents house. However, it's in a cove, so it's not like they can just drive by, at least not without being noticed and looking completely stalkerish. haha just kidding. But I'm really excited, because now I will have a walking partner in the neighborhood and of course it's a neighborhood I know well! I never in a million years thought we'd move into my neighborhood that I did most of my growing up in, but I'm really looking forward to it. It's near great schools if we are there long enough to have kids enter the school system. (glad we at least have the option of knowing they'd be with great teachers) and it's a very family friendly neighborhood. I think it will be a great house for us to grow in and a great neighborhood to do so as well. I'll post pics soon, of course of before and then again of the after photos of all the work we do!
Friday, April 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Congrats on the house...enjoy making it your own!!! :o)
I am so excited for the new homeowners. I know it's still a few days away before you sign but it's almost yours!!! I am so happy that you can live near your folks. I know that I was not so sure about living so close to my family before but I wouldn't change it. Your setup sounds like ours, so close you can throw a rock but secluded so that they have to be driving to your house to come by.. Ha. Congrats again!!!Love you both!
Post a Comment