Me and Joe - Happiest girl on earth: Front row at the Rascal Flatts Concert!!
This is the front of the stage, and by front of the stage, I mean, yes, That's where my seats were. Joe couldn't have gotten me better seats, unless I were sitting on each member of Rascal Flatts Laps!!
No zoom necessary. That's Jessica Simpson opening up for Rascal Flatts. Side story: Since we were so close, of course we got to be good buds with the security that sit right at the stage, obviously so no pervert men (my sweet husband and his friend Reggie)
Jessica was good, she sang some of her old pop stuff and of course her 2 or 3 "hits" for country..not bad. She was DEFINITELY not the size she was in all those awful pics that were circling the Internet. She was TINY! Another funny story though...at one point she had this big long piece of hair extension hanging out of her hair, and I had just pointed it out and then Jessica said something to the crowd while pulling it out, saying it was the biggest piece of hair extension she'd ever seen. It sort of reminded me of the old days on newlyweds where she seemed so normal and goofy, and easily laughed at herself. I miss that show!
AHH!!! The Show Begins. I almost (but didn't!) wet my pants!! You have to understand, my last Rascal Flatts Concert while was with wonderful company, were not the best seats in the house. And by not the best, I mean they were terrible, nose bleeds, highest of all high bad seats. (And yes, it was my fault, I'm taking full responsibility, I messed up on Ticket Master - I got confused, whatever) Again, I digress, my point is, these seats were A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. I feel like Rascal Flatts and I are old friends now, they were practically singing to me and me only! I mean, like right in front of my face...and by right in front of my face I mean this:
Dorky as it is, this is me and my "friend" Jay DeMarcus. And again, there is no zoom necessary...he's right freaking there!!!!!! (and yes I took that picture myself, Joe was burying his head in embarrassment...)
Hello Rascal Flatts, thanks for playing your wonderful music right in front of my face!!
This is Jay, singing (sigh) my favorite: Bless the Broken Road. I tried to get Joe to dance with me again, as this was our First Dance as a Married Couple Song, so legally it's Our Song but of course he wouldn't. I swear, I even toned it down for him. Inside I was like screaming at the top of my lungs, but on the outside, I only sang along to every song, swayed back and forth uncontrollably to each song (my toned down version of dancing), and constantly told him how this was one of the best nights of my life. I didn't even reach my hand up to touch them like those weird groupies you see doing at the concerts...well that is until the very end of the show when they were doing their Encore. And actually even then it was too late...I missed my groupie chance, they had already passed me by ( I don't know why I didn't try earlier in the night when they were standing right in front of me...I felt weird, like some weirdo groupie nut case.) But now after reading this post, I might be worse than those weirdo groupie nut cases...oh well!
My point is, Joe, I had a FANTASTIC, UNBELIEVABLY AWESOME Night! So thanks for getting me these tickets!! And Rascal Flatts, Thanks for putting on yet another great show...can't wait til next one.
If you've never seen a concert from front row, you need to. It really is the ONLY way to see a concert, especially of your favorite band!!

1 comment:
hey girl! check out my latest post...thought about you when i was blogging. could i be anymore of an obsessive stalker about twilight? -kristin lindley
Post a Comment