Saturday I lounged some more while Joe caught up on his sleep. And we finally got up to get on to our married couple errands. We did a little shopping at Garden Ridge, Target (my fav), BBB, and Wally World on Sunday.
Saturday night we did have dinner out with some friends at Texas de Brazil. Been there?? - if not GO! It's soo good. And I'm not a big dark meat/steak eater and I love that place. After dinner we headed to Beale for a little bit. I can tell we are getting older by the crowds we see when we are out. Young people don't show up until like 10:30 or 11...we were home by then....sad day.
Sunday Joe and I enjoyed breakfast/brunch/lunch Cinnamon Rolls that were delish. Sweet Joe was kind enough to wake from his beauty sleep to go to the store to get me coffee (I was out), cinnamon rolls, and this:
Joe is known for his last minute Vday gifts. This year however, he'd already given me his real gift. He had his sister make me this frame of our last name using everyday pictures as letters. I didn't take a pic of it, but it looks great. He picked out the frame and the pictures to use. He was SOO proud of himself, that he had to give it to me on Thursday because he couldn't wait any longer. I love giving gifts that you're more excited to give than receive.
So he surprised me twice this year - which he NEVER does. I Love surprises, but he's just not good at keeping secrets or he gives away hints and I always know what he's up to. So this year was so nice.
Sunday afternoon we headed to see Valentine's Day = the movie. It was cute. LOTS of A-listers in there. But it was just ok. But one of the best parts of the movie was the bonus clips. (Don't worry, I'm not giving anything away)..but it shows Julia Roberts in a limo and the driver is going down Rodeo Drive, and he's like, Have you been here before? And she's like yeah, once. Big mistake, Big, Huge! (my favorite movie is Pretty Woman...if you love this movie then you know what I'm talking about..)It was just cute.
After the movie, Joe and I ran some errands and then ate Chinese Buffet..our fav!
Like I said, it was a Perfectly, Wonderful, Fantastic, Relaxing Valentine's Day Weekend!
Hope yours was too!!

1 comment:
Tracy- My good earth pattern is blue bird. I must say that you have good taste! I actually got one of the Jars mugs in the Tanga shape instead of the Tourrin. Do you have the Tanga Mugs? If so I'll have to bring it by next time I am at my parents' house. Thanks for commenting on my blog too!
Post a Comment