Joe and I had a nice relaxing weekend...We did a little spring cleaning (Joe trying to throw away things that are obviously MINE!) and me cleaning (organizing) my closet. I've been asking for weeks that Joe, the handyman that he is, build me some sort of rack or hanging thing for my purses. I showed him a picture of an idea and he came up with something completely different, nonetheless just as effective.
So now, after only 3 weeks of asking..I got my beautiful, effective organizing system for all of my wonderful purses. My closet is now one of my favorite rooms in our apt. This time I'm really going to try to keep it as clean and as organized as possible.
Of course while organizing I find I have way more clothes than I remembered, way more shoes that I could possibly need, and quite a few purses. Now please note, that my obsession with purses started at a young age. I love each and every one of them, and each one holds a special memory when used or when bought or both. I love big bags, small bags, clutches and everything frilly. I love red, black, tan, gold, vintage, trendy - really everything. I mean I literally used to take at least 3 purses when traveling out of town for the weekend or a long trip it would be a few more...I mean you never know what you'll need. Although I don't change out my purses as often as I used to, I still could not think of getting rid of any of them. I really tried to put some in my give-away to DAV box, but I was only able to let go of 2. I really tried, I swear! And to be perfectly honest, I actually have some still at my mom's house that I haven't moved to our house yet...(hmm..note to self, go get those purses, now that I have my perfect hanging rack!!)
So my question is this....how many is too many?
I counted while organizing and it appears that I have a total of about 55 purses at our apt. Not really sure how many more I have at my parent's house....but I mean is that too many?? It's not like all were really expensive, some I got great deals on!! But if you do the math, I'm 25, so it's only like 2.2 purses a year...although obviously, some years were more than that...but some years were less...like when I was a baby with no money...
I really hope I have girls one day so I can pass down my purses..by then they'll be vintage!! It would make this little obsession so worth it!
ps. I would take a picture of my new favorite room, but my camera is dead...I'll charge and add a pic later..
Monday, January 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Oh Tracy...I only have one purse and two clutches(which I never use). BUT shoes on the other hand....XOXO Blair
Post a Comment