- we had 13 weddings to attend last year (couldn't make them all, but went to Most) But hey, that was nothing compared to the year we got married...(2007) we had like 20 something in only 6 months time -- which of course some of those overlapped, plus the parties: bachelorette, bachelor, showers and teas....The last two years have been a whirlwind, I can't believe they went by so fast!
- And of those 13 weddings, I was actually in 3 of them. Kristin, Kate, and Tee. Next wedding bridesmaid dress I need to fit into is for my friend Rach - getting married April 2010! Can't wait!
Me and Tee
Kristin and Her New Hubby on the back of the Trolly - So cute!
- Went to two concerts which also happened to be 2 of my very favorite, group or singer...Rascal Flatts --which I actually did post about, but also Carrie Underwood -- which was absolutely AWESOME! We had great seats, and Carrie is as beautiful in person as she is on TV...and so tiny too! I swear if I knew her in real life, I'm positive we'd be friends...
- Thanksgiving was spent with Joe's family in Gatlinburg. So.Much.Fun! We went to the Ripley's Aquarium with this awesome underwater shark exhibit - best I've ever seen. We went to the Biltmore one day. That is a BIG house let me tell you. It's incredible the history and the amount of detail that went into building this house in the 1800's....And since we went the day after Thanksgiving, it was already decorated for Christmas....Which I think was the BEST time to go. It had a 35ft Real Tree in the dining hall. Amazing!
Those are sharks above us!
Joe and me and the underwater shark exhibit
Joe and I found our new home! Quaint don't ya think?
- Our Friends, Mollie and Wilson had their baby girl. Precious Lizzie. She is so sweet. She is already smiling! So photogenic!
only picture I had before my camera died..she's grown so much already!
- We had our first ER visit with Millie. She had an allergic reaction to her 3rd round shots. Her cheeks and mouth swelled up so bad, she looked pitiful! If I weren't freaking out at the moment we noticed it and rushed her to the ER VET, I would have taken pictures. In retrospect, it was a little funny to see her face so swollen. But I'm just so glad she was ok. If I'm this obsessed with my dog, don't know what I'll do when I have kids! Joe on the other hand, could only talk about "how much that darn dog is costing us!!" but then as soon as we get home, he says..and I quote "well she did have such a hard day, maybe we should let her sleep in the bed with us.." -- she usually/always sleeps in the kennel until she gets potty trained...Obviously I'm more strict on this little tid bit...but yes, she did end up in the bed with us..Joe snuggling with her of course..
-- PS. Updates on Millie: She now weighs 5lbs!! She's a growing girl!! We are still working on the potty training...not going as well as I would like, but we'll get there. I call the Vet like he's one of my friends, for every little thing that goes on with Millie..wonder if that's an indication of my parenting skills...Also, Millie's getting a little grey on the top of her head..I've heard that's normal for Yorkies...do you know if dying a dog's hair is bad for them? Just an idea...I don't wnat her feeling inadequate for going grey so young...
- Christmas came and went way too fast. I feel like Christmas season should be longer. Everything is more beautiful, more wonderful around Christmas time: the music, the decor, the spirit of the holiday. I love it! I almost cried taking down the tree after New years....I kept it up as long as I could....I miss it! But I guess the reason I miss the holiday so much, is because we have such great friends and family to spend it with.
This year, we did Christmas Eve and morning with my parents in Memphis. We got lots of great stuff. I can tell I'm getting older, because I enjoy the gifts I'm giving much more than the ones I get. But I will say, my mom got Joe a 6 month gift trial of Netflix, and I can't wait to use that one!! :)
After brunch with my parents and family, we headed off to Jackson/Milan/Trenton area...not really sure which town it actually was in (all those small towns outside of Jackson confuse me...) Anyway...ALL of Joe's extended family were having their Christmas. This year we tried something differnt, instead of drawing names, which turns into a gift card swap, we did Dirty Santa for all the adults!! Don't know why we hadn't tried this before...it was a lot of fun, except of course when MY gift was stolen, several times! However I did end up with a purse, and if you know me, nothing makes me happier than a purse! Love it!
Millie's First Christmas!
-Rounding out the New Year, we spent the night over at our friends, Mallory and Kenny's house. We had a great group over to grill out and snack on lots of good food, and of course enjoy some champagne! I "fell asleep" not too long after midnight-- I think it may even have been 1 or 2....(I like my bed time...) Joe said he came in and I was asleep on the floor next to Millie's kennel (She is spoiled just a little bit...sometimes she cries in there and I feel sorry for her so I lay down by the kennel so she knows I'm there....yeah I know..pathetic!) Either way..apparently Millie wasn't even in the kennel...Who knows..I mean, then who was that whining?!?! Oh well...I spent the WHOLE next day recouping on Mallory's couch literally..but we did get to watch Legally Blonde the Musical she had saved on her Tivo! Loved it! It was a fantastic New Year...Looking forward to what this year has to bring!
-That weekend my brother and his family came in town. If you know me at all, then you know, I'm just a tad bit OBSESSED with my Nephew and Niece. Jackson will be 4 (!) in March! I can't believe he seems so much older to me. he's so smart. Example of our conversation riding in the car to Interstate BBQ:
Jackson: "Ta ta, have you heard of the Washington Monument?"
Me: "umm, yeah, What do you know about that?"
Jackson: "Well I learned about it when I was in Washington DC, and I learned about Lincoln Memorial, and You know Jefferson"
Me: "Yeah, ok, well what did you learn?"
Jackson: "Well they died and went to heaven, that's why they have statues made after them.."
Me: "Well did you know they were also Presidents of the United States?"
Jackson: "Oh really? So that's why they had statues made after them?"
Then he went in and told his mom that they were presidents, did she know that...What a smart little prodigy (yes, I'm biased..)
And sweet Jules...I don't know a sweeter, more content, happy baby! She is just precious. She laughs and smiles at everything and everyone. I call her princess and beautiful, and she just smiles back and me and thinks it's the funniest thing in the world. I.Love.Them!
Once I get pictures from my mom of our weekend, I'll post those...we got only about a million...we just love those kids and of course Adam and Jeni too. Joe and I had LOST several games of pool to them at Fox and Hound for our night out! I wish we could see them more often!
I guess that gets me up to speed on all things Joe and Tracy and Millie life. More to come...

No comments:
Post a Comment