Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Winter Weather Advisory

It's snowed here yesterday. Don't get me wrong I LOVE the snow. It makes everything more pretty (just like Christmas) like a big white blanket all over the ground, on the roofs, on the tops of cars, everywhere. It's just beautiful. What I don't like about snow, is the Memphis people going nuts. It literally wasn't even an inch, and the whole city shuts down, schools close, grocery stores are packed as if people will be hunkered down for days, people don't show up for work (even though WE DO NOT CLOSE!)people drive like they've never seen wet streets, causing unnecessary wrecks and traffic jams for miles and pretty much the weather men are going crazy with their updates every 30 seconds.

So maybe I'm just bitter I had to work...but I still think it's quite comical the way this city reacts to the weather in general..only in the South I guess...and I do have to give it to Obama...I don't agree with him on much at all, but he even mentioned the over-reaction to a little snow, but then again, he and his family are used to the Chicago snows...

Of course I had to take a few pics of Millie -- she didn't know what to think of the snow...but she liked to stick her nose down in it...once she figured out she could still pee out there...it just took a minute.

2 comments:

Crystal and Billy said...

Millie is just too cute...

Anonymous said...

There is no complaining about the schools closing, woman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

Julia

Oh, and Millie's so cute!!!