First day of being sick, I woke up at 4 in the morning aching in pain tossing and turning not being able to get comfortable. Finally, around 6 (after the 3 advil kick in) I settle down and sleep for the next 45 mins when I have to get up and get ready for work (I didn't realize I had the flu at this point) Joe wakes up and tells me, "umm if you are gonna be sick or something, could you let me know so I can go sleep in the other room...I mean I have to work today" -- like I don't have to work?? umm Ok, Joe I'll be happy to do that...plan my sickness around your work schedule. you are so sweet! love you.
Ok, so maybe it's my mom's fault, but when I'm sick, I like to be taken care of...Joe calls this, being babied. whatever. When I was younger my mom would fix me jello that I could drink while it was warm, and then we'd put the rest in the fridge for something good to eat. She'd wait on me hand and foot just so I could get better....(she's an angel!) Joe on the other hand, is working on this side job (I promise I truly appreciate him working hard not only during the day at his real job, but after that working at night as well, just to make some extra $$ for us) but I'm sick...Did I mention that? So he comes home, (after yes, I've laid around all afternoon...I came home from work early) and gets dinner, then he LEAVES me to go work...tear. I even call him because my body is aching and I beg him to come home and take care of me. My sweet angel of a mother comes over to our house instead and takes care of me. She makes me chicken noodle soup, gets me more meds from Target and "babies" me a little more before she has to go home. (I miss her not living with me! :) )
So the next morning, I again awake at about 3 in the morning. I try my hardest not to move so as not to wake up my sweet husband...yes I'm a great wife. And finally (of course not to wake him up) I decide I can't lay in bed and ache any longer, 6:15 I get up and just sit on the couch...ps. there's nothing on tv. I watched Maury tell some guy that it wasn't his kid for the next 30 mins. and finally call my mom about getting the dr.'s #.....Umm they don't open until 8:30. I finally get them on the phone at 8:33 and the first appt. is at 10:15...I arrive at 10. I'm miserable. I can't breathe and my head feels like it's about to explode. I finally get back there at about 11:00 and they swab my nose, which by the way, does not feel to good and makes my eyes water uncontrollably and then she has to do the other nostril. I wait another 10-15 mins and the smiling bright eyed nurse comes back, "Well you tested positive...You've got the Flu!" as to say it as a Congratulations!! Good for you...I'm like, what? great...thanks for the news...give me MEDS!!!!!
As soon as I leave the dr. Joe has called about 3 times and I call him back, "yea I've got the flu, and ps. you need to go to a dr. ASAP so you can start on a preve..." Joe :" yeah I know, I've already talked to my dad...I gotta go, I gotta see what he can do..." I don't even finish my sentence to give him my dr.'s name or what else she said...Fine....(If you don't know my sweet husband, then you don't know that he knows EVERYTHING!! His way is the right way...I do love him...He takes care of me!)
So I take my prescription to Walgreens..(which is $50 for tamiflu!! Geez expensive..and no they don't have a generic for this..I asked!) And of course it will take them 45 mins to get it ready. I come back and decide I can't manage to fix myself anything to eat, so I run over to McDonalds..me being the sweet wife I am, still thinks of my darling hubby to see if he wanted anything. Keep in mind I've asked for OJ all morning, for him to bring me at lunch b/c I figure Vit. C is good for me,and might make me feel better....I get home and he's there. OJ? no "I forgot, I've got a lot going on right now"...he tells me. Uhh did I mention I'm sick with the FLU and I brought YOU lunch? I can barely eat, but I manage half the sandwich and a few fries...I'm back in bed.
That night Joe's parents are bringing The Demon...aka Sadie...(we just call her that as sort of a sweet pet name...we all really are obsessed with her!) I struggle to get the house, somewhat clean (put the dirty dishes in the dishwasher before they get there....took everything I had, but I don't want them thinking we live like slobs ha :) so I have to take like 10 breaks b/c my heart is beating out of my chest) but when Joe gets home, he says, well the bedroom stinks...I'm like well..umm did I mention, I'm sick with the flu!!!!! I've been laying in bed for the past 2 days!!! When Joe's parents get there..they are so sweet to say the house looks great (I tried) and ask what they can do for me...(in 2 seconds they did more than Joe had done in 2 days!?! really?) They go out to eat and I just say, where ever ya'll go, maybe just some potato soup would be great....Joe calls and asks what I want to eat...I ask for some choices, he grumbles, before we get off the phone I simply try to remind him about the Tylenol and he says..I know I know!! (I mean he forgot the OJ earlier..geez! I'm sick!) His sweet mom (another angel!) brings the soup home, I think warms it up (Because it was piping hot and felt so good in my throat and chest, it was soo good! hit the spot!) and brings bread and butter (you know the really good kind from Outback!) and brings it all ready for me to eat....and asks what else she can get me...(she knows how to treat a sick person!! ps. Thank you again!! if you are reading)
After Joe's parents leave to go back to Jackson, Joe comes in to the bedroom..."It still stinks in here!" ummm I HAVE THE FLU AND HAVE BEEN IN BED FOR THE PAST 2 DAYS..."I'm sorry..I haven't really felt like cleaning...I promise I will clean the sheets as soon as I am well!!!!" Then after I take my soup and plate back to the kitchen and get more tissue. he gets in bed and goes to sleep...snuggling with Sadie....
Did I also mention...I'm a TERRIBLE sick person. I truly am awful....I am the worst at pain and the worst at the slightest sniffle...I can't help it, but at least I can admit it....Poor Joe...he's done what he can....He's even called several times today, of course checking in on Sadie...
On a brighter note, I have a new niece I'd like to introduce!!

1 comment:
hope you are feeling better! and jules is a doll!
Post a Comment