I figured out the key to a happy marriage...and in only 3 months at trying....It's called Compromise!!
Joe and I both have full time jobs. We both work really hard. Ok, I sit at a desk and work on the computer and email and other stuff...Joe is on his feet most of the day, dealing with crazy home owners, taking about 50 million phone calls a day....not to mention the 10 million from me alone! I work from 8 to 5 and not a minute longer and I ALWAYS take my hour lunch. Joe works anywhere from 7 or 8 in the morning to 5 or usually later in the afternoon and sometimes gets to take maybe 30 mins. for lunch. So of course, by the time we get home, Joe and I are always exhausted from the hard day at work....
I usually come home, and put on my favorite channel and watch TV until Joe gets home. Joe gets home and immediately starts to figure out what to eat for dinner...and then cooks us dinner. (and it's not some frozen dinner, it's like a well thought out, side dishes and all type of meal..yum! tonight he suggested baked chicken! Can't wait!) But when it's time to eat and Joe wants to watch his favorite show on A&E, CSI:Miami..I compromise and turn off the news (E!) and watch his show (ok I love that show too..but still...I Compromised...)
If there are dishes in the sink from lunch, or in the dishwasher from the night before, sometimes I do those, sometimes Joe does them...that's called compromise when sometimes I do the dishes.
After dinner last night (we had parmesean chicken pasta YUUUM!! with a side salad!!) we both sat on the couch, not wanting to get up to clean the kitchen. Like most nights, we crave some sort of dessert. Tonight was no different. Joe checks to see if we've got brownie mix. We do, but no eggs! and no vanilla bean ice cream to put on top! boo! Joe says, ok I'll make a deal (also known as compromise)...famous last words!! "if you go to the grocery and get the ice cream and eggs, then I'll clean the kitchen"....I add in there to also MAKE the brownies (after all, he does make them sooo much better than I do!!) I mean, HE sure doesn't want to get back out in the cold weather....so I tough it out and COMPROMISE! It's a done deal! I head to the store and it takes all of 10 minutes...get back in time for gossip girl re-runs, and Joe is cleaning the Kitchen tonight....The art of Compromise.
sssh....don't tell Joe, but I think I got the better end of the deal!! How did I get so lucky??
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Cute! I think you got the better end of the deal too.
I want to know how you talked him into cooking everynight and cleaning!
lucky dog!
Fee Fi Fo Fum, Joe make some brownies and give me some.
Tracy, you are so funny.
Post a Comment