Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, March 2, 2008

The Average Joe

Saw this on a few blogs I stalk and thought I'd give it a whirl...besides...Joe is my all time FAVORITE topic!!!!
1. Who is your man? Joseph Currie Shearin AKA JoeyBear or just simply Joe (or to my nephew, he's known as Uncle JoeyBear Silly Goose...any of these he'll answer too)
2. How long have you been together? We started dating our Freshman year of college 2nd semester, so January 2002 (we met the first day of Rush so we were friends first Aug. 2001)
3. How long did you date? We've dated off and on (mostly on) since our first kiss...December 2001...so we dated 5 years before Joe FINALLY proposed :)
4. How old is your man? 24 --will be 25 in April --Wow Quarter Life!!
5. Who eats more? Joe for sure. He eats 2 brownies, to my one....
6. Who is taller? Thank goodness Joe is taller than me! he's 6'
7. Who sings better? Umm..this one is hard....I'm better at the hard core ballads..like, "I will always love you" -- Whitney Houston Version...When we are on long car rides..the longer the car ride, the better I think I sound. Joe on the other hand, only sings when he thinks no one can hear him, but he's not half bad...
8. Who is smarter? I'm a secure enough person to go ahead and admit that my husband is smarter than me. (I'd never tell him this to his face...) but he's brilliant!
9. Whose temper is worse? Mine. hands down. I'm like my dad. (Joe is usually pretty laid back)
10. Who does the laundry? We do our own laundry....He doesn't trust me yet to try ironing his clothes..I don't know why...but I also don't complain...it's hard enough to make myself do my own laundry...his stuff would never get done if it were up to me!
11. Who takes out the garbage? I nicely put the bags of garbage in the garage..and Joe (with his Truck) takes it to the dump (we live in an apt.)
12. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Joe...and I'm not sure how that happened...but I love my side of the bed.
13. Who pays the bills? Joe (I'm terrible at math)
14. Who is better with the computer? Definitely me...However, I would like to mention, that Joe's boss' think he types like a girl, b/c he doesn't do the manly poking the keys technique....he types without looking at the keys...which is apparently the way girls type--according to David and Keith Grant....
15. Who mows the lawn? We don't have a yard....but I guarantee you if we did Joe would also be doing this....I've never cut the grass in my life....and I wouldn't know the first thing to do!
16. Who cooks dinner? Joe...every night..unless we go out to eat. And he actually has like his own "College Recipes" and he thinks up which side dishes will work best with the meal (yes I know...I'm lucky!) But might I point out, I sometimes make the dessert..I bake a mean dish of brownies!!!
17. Who drives when you are together? Usually Joe..unless we are running late somewhere, and I drive...b/c Joe drives like Mrs. Daisy...and I like to go fast....Speed Signs mean nothing to me!!!!!!!
18. Who pays when you go out? Joe...he took all my credit cards away...so I tell him I have nothing to pay with. Plus it's all the same now, so either way..WE are paying together.
19. Who is most stubborn? We are both Stubborn (when we think we are right about something...) but I'm definitely MOST stubborn...I almost always get my way...one way or another!!
20. Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? What? I'm never wrong..so it must be him.
21. Whose parents do you see the most? We see both our parents on a regular basis. We are lucky enough to live less than 3 miles from my parents and only an hour away from his. So either we go to Jackson, or his parents will come here for dinner some times....and with my parents it's just a hop skip and jump over there..so I go whenever I feel like it...which is nice!
22. Who kissed who first? Joe kissed me first....when I went to visit him in Jackson (before we were dating) and we were sitting on the couch at his parents house staying up late and watching TV...I got butterflys!!
23. Who asked who out? Well before we started dating he asked me to a football game..that was our official first date....then I asked him to a formal..and then after we got back from Christmas Break we were pretty much inseparable.
24. Who proposed? Joe did...on the rooftop of the Peabody down town Memphis.
25. Who is more sensitive? Definitely me.
26. Who has more friends? We both have great friends, but I will admit that his very best friends have stayed the same throughout his life, since elementary school...me being like most girls, change friends..with the exception of a couple who I've been best friends with since childhood....some of my best friends now I only met in college..but still best friends none the less. Plus, living here in Memphis, we have great friends we hang out with when we stay in town for the weekends!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Tracy! I finally found your blog after we talked about it (and about Joe) so long that night at Crocks! I think it's hilarious and I am going to sign up for one now too - taking your advice! :) So you will have to critique my site once it's up and let me know how I do!