Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, March 2, 2008

So Close...Yet so Far Far Away...

Friday night we went to the Rascal Flatts Concert (It was AWESOME!!) Let me just tell you, I am a HUGE fan. Joe and I danced to Bless the Broken Road as our first dance (Yes, I chose that....I mean I loove that song! I don't care if it's cheesy!!!!) And I mean, I practically know one of the guys in the band...Jay DeMarcus....His wife, Allison Alderson is from Jackson, and Joe's mom is good friends with her mom, even went to their wedding, and Allison also used to babysit Joe...so I mean, now that we are married..I almost, (but not quite) know Rascal Flatts right? Ok, not really....but I'd really like to...so when I heard they were coming to town, I first tried to win tickets from Kix 106...but failed, so I got online to get tickets. I mean, I was on the computer at 9:30...even though they didn't go on sale until 10:00. I was ready. I got the "Best Available" and was given section 225...Where is that? I don't know...Ticket Master gives you a time limit and I got nervous because it was the first time I had gotten tickets on Ticket Master before, so I just quickly accepted them....I didn't know! I was afraid I'd miss out!!! Besides, I was going with my best friend Rebekah (who needs a blog) and her husband and me and Joe.....I would have a good time no matter what.

So let me explain....
Our section: 225...If you are familiar with the Fed Ex Forum...then you know that it is the Terrace...(sounds nice...) but it's NOSE BLEED!!! Our row: P...If you are familiar with the alphabet..then you can imagine that we were really really really close to the top...I mean, within a few rows! By the time we had climbed all stairs to these incredible seats..I was so upset I could barely enjoy the beginning of the concert or Kellie Pickler who opened. Everyone on stage looked like maybe an inch tall! However, luck was on my side...Rebekah and I went down to the restroom, and came back and low and behold...we found better seats...ones in the front of the section (of the nose bleed...still better!), like no one would be in front of us...so I ask the group sitting in the seats behind them, if anyone was sitting there..they said no, so I ran back to our original seats and grabbed our stuff and Joe and ran down to claim the better seats...I thought, wow! My luck is changing!!!


While we are enjoying our concert (and our better seats)...singing along to all the songs, we notice that Allison Alderson (above mentioned almost friend) is down in the sound booth...Joe saw her first, but then it was confirmed her, by her husband Jay who called her out...Then we notice her walking over to some seats, and Joe notices her parents!!! They were literally right below us (ok, like 2 levels..pretty much next to the stage...but below us nontheless) I tell Joe..Ok, we've got to meet them...throughout the rest of the concert I can't help but to daydream, of us going down to meet the Alderson's, them inviting us back stage, me hanging out with Rascals Flatts, pictures taken...out on the town...Ok back to the concert...and my plan of "running into" the Aldersons to make it happen. I mean, besides, my luck was changing I got better seats didn't I!! It was going to happen tonight!!




Finally close to the end of the concert, after the guys pretend to leave, only to come back for their encore, I ask everyone if they want to go ahead down 2 levels to see if we can go down to where the Alderson's seats were...we all agree..let's give it a shot. We get down there, Joe is reluctant..saying there's no way we'll get past the security guards..my thoughts..Ya never know unless you try. I did, they said we could run down there, since we knew people down there...Rebekah and I are running down the stairs (Rebekah taking some great pics which I'll get from her and post later) and I look back for Joe...besides, he's our connection..he's shaking his head NO! What?!?!?!? I got us down here!! Before we get far, the security guard sees that we aren't meeting anyone and asks us to go back up..my chance lost! Joe doesn't want to interrupt them in the middle of their concert...Ummm..it's the end of the concert, last song, and I'm pretty sure they've seen them at least once before...we just want to say hi, how are you, we wanted to just say hello because we figured you'd be going back stage to hang out with your daughter and the great band that just performed.. (and hope they invite us backstage...but again, I would never ask!) We wait outside the gate, hoping maybe they'll come out that way...they don't..I'm sure they are heading back stage hanging out with my Band! I mean, we were so close.....everything was going my way, better seats, we spotted the Aldersons in a crowd of thousands, and they happened to be right below us, and I even got us down there, where we could have met them....but No...To say the least, I was not happy with Joe for the rest of the night. He tried making brownies to make up for it...it helped...but I still could have met my favorite band...but didn't...Yes, Everyone, please feel sorry for me!



Regardless, Rascal Flatts put on an Awesome Cncert!! I hope they come back to Memphis soon, because I will likely go back! Also, I must mention as well that we had a great dinner at Sauces downtown with Mallory and Kenny and Rebekah and Andrew of course...It was soo good! Then the weather on Sunday...was GORGEOUS!! Overall...it was a pretty good weekend..plus Joe's still trying to make up for Friday night....which means hopefully more brownies! (My Fav!)

No comments: