Joe and I had a great weekend road trip down to Zachary, LA to visit with my brother and his family. If you recall I have a new niece that I hadn't met until this very weekend!! I was SOOO excited to get down there, considering the past 2 weekends we tried, first I was sick, then Joe got sick, so both trips were canceled. This weekend nothing was stopping me!! We got on the road right after work, to get there by midnight! I woke up the next morning the second I heard voices out in the hallway to run out to see my sweet nephew who ran right past me, not even noticing I was there. Thanks. But finally when he did notice, he acted like the goofy BOY that he is, and tried to run away! He's so goofy like that....always playing games! As for my sweet niece she couldn't run away. She is absolutely PRECIOUS!! She looks just like Jackson did when he was a baby. It's truly uncanny! I love them both so much! I'm so glad we were able to spend time with all of the Queens down in Louisiana!
Saturday we headed to Baton Rouge to the Cabela's Big Huge Store. Joe was in Heaven. We walked around that place for what seemed like hours. I lost Joe like 3 times. Seriously. He was a kid in a candy store....he wanted to see EVERYTHING! Jackson had fun too. Joe would show him all the fish in the aquarium they had there, and then they moved onto guns. I'm not sure how Jackson got this obsession with guns, but he wanted to shoot everything. He used his straw, a stick, his toys, anything as a gun!! There was even a laser gun range in this place, that Joe, Adam and Jackson had a blast playing.
When we got done there, FINALLY...we headed over to my kind of stores...the Outlet Mall! Let me tell you what I got....ZIP! Nada! NOTHING!!! I was so disappointed. I mean, Joe asked that I get a hobby...Shopping is what I chose. It's like a sport, you find a good deal, that's a point, you come home with new clothes, another point, and so on. Let me tell you, I feel like a loser...with No New Clothes!! We are saving.....or so that's what the boss man says....
After we left there, we went to meet Jeni's mom at their office. They had plans to see Chicago that night. While we waited, the boys found some water guns in the car. I've found that a "Mother's" car is always filled with all sorts of toys and surprises, for such an occasion to keep all the kids entertained at any given moment. The water guns were perfect. Jackson was soaked! Two big kids ganging up on the one little one, but Jackson did get some good shots in there too. He thought it was so funny shooting the big boys with water! My favorite thing was Jackson running around yelling at his Daddy to stop shooting him, and his sweet little voice saying, "Uncle Joeybear, this and Uncle Joeybear that..." He's soo freaking cute that kid!!
After dinner we headed back home to Zachary, and not 10 minutes into the car ride home, Jackson was out cold, and SNORING sooo loud! (I'm told I fell asleep and there might have been a slight faint snoar from me as well...I don't believe them though!!) Even with sweet precious Jules screaming her head off. (And she'd been so quiet all day! don't know what happened...maybe slept too much!) When we made it home, Adam put the zonked out Jackson to bed, and I got to take care of Jules. Once he got her cleaned up too, I got to rock her to sleep! I think that was the best. She was so sweet there trying not to fall asleep but barely holding her eyes open. Did I say yet, that I now have one more obsession to add to. I'm completely OBSESSED with my neice and my nephew of course! I love them soo soo much! I did not want to get up Sunday Morning, because that meant that Joe and I would have to leave to go home soon. But I dragged it out as long as I could, with breakfast/lunch at Frank's in Baton Rouge before we had to get on the road.
Thanks Adam and Jeni for letting us stay, We had a blast and miss you all already!
Monday, March 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment