Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, March 7, 2011

1 step forwared, 2 steps back..

Ever seen that movie, The Money Pit....Tom Hanks and Shelly Long
- rent it, watch it and that's the story of our lives and this house!

With every step of progress we make, another 2 steps back with something new to fix.

On Saturday night, our only working toilet decided not to flush. Lowe's was closed, so Sunday morning, Joe got up to head over to get the stuff to fix it. 2 trips later he had taken apart and fixed the toilet twice...but it was still leaking. In the process of trying to find this leak, the tank completely falls apart. Like the front half of the tank is scatter in several pieces and water is pouring out into the bathroom, completely flooding the entire thing. Yes, our only working bathroom, flooded with toilet water. I hear a few choice words and run to see the problem. At this point, all Joe can do is walk out of the bathroom...while I rush to get as many towels I can find to stop the water from running out into the hallway. Frustrated is an understatement. Does the old saying.."and they didn't even have a pot to piss in" seem appropriate..in literal terms anyway? Can I just say THANK GOODNESS my parents live around the corner. My mom of course was there to let me vent my frustration and then some.. And now, we must now go buy a new toilet. Yay..spending more $!!

I thought that maybe after getting the master bath completed, we'd sit tight for a little while and enjoy having two bathrooms for a little while and finish some other smaller projects. But now, we might as well go ahead and just gut/renovate the guest bathroom too. Don't get me wrong..I want it done and it needs it. But just was hoping for a little break in construction zone / house.

Joe did get the new toilet put in, and it is in working order and is great..which is all I can ask for. Joe also made some progress on our master bath and got some tile laid in the shower. It's coming together, and hopefully within the month, we should have ONE newly renovated bathroom.... (fingers crossed!!)

I know it's little things, and I'm so lucky that I have a super-man husband who knows how to fix everything himself, while I'm only asked to clean up the messes, but I'm beginning to wonder...will I ever have a completely finished renovated house?? Seriously?? will I??

No comments: