Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Best Friends, Babies, Brother's Family, and a Butt Load of Driving!!!

Well that about sums up mine and Joe's past weekend...guess that was a short post....

Just kidding! I've got some pics..just a few anyway!

Joe and I headed out Friday night for Jackson, MS to meet up with my friend Tiffany to see her new sweet precious baby boy, Wilson. After sitting in Memphis traffic for about an hour..we were well on our way! We got there about 10 that night..and lucky for me, Wilson waited up for me to get there! He is seriously, such a beautiful little baby! Barely fussed at all! And Tee was extra generous and let me hog him for my entire visit (which wasn't near long enough!). My other friend Kristin and her husband came over, so we all got to sit and chat and pass around Wilson and catch up for a little bit. I love getting to see my college best friends, even if only for an hour or two while passing through town! I got up early for just a little more holding time with Wilson, while Joe slept in...and gave me and Tiff some extra time to hang out. I have to say, I was soo proud and impressed with her. She's so laid back and I can tell is already such a great mom! It's so fun to see ALL my friends at this age, with babies and all grown up. Knowing them through all our wild college days, and seeing where we've all come...it's just really exciting!
* no pics of Wilson..as I don't want to put someone else's child on my blog without their consent or knowledge...but if you are friends with her..then you probably have seen pics and know just how cute he is!

Wilson was getting his newborn pics as Joe and I had to get up and get back on the road...next stop was Zachary, LA to visit my Brother's family. Jules was having her 3rd birthday party when we got there..what?! 3 Years Old?!?! Where does the time go?! She was dressed up as a fairy, for her princess/fairy themed birthday party, that included a big moon bounce, cupcakes and cake, and a fairy pinata....She was in heaven! I loove seeing Jules, b/c no matter what, when she sees me she runs up to me to give me the biggest bear hug you can imagine...and I of course just eat it up! Jackson on the other hand, with his vampire teeth in mouth, ran right past me, and then turned around to growl at me. Nice to see you too, man! (He's about to be 6 and knows everything about everything!) And then, finally got to see my sweet new nephew Joseph. He is a chunk and I love everything about him already! He likes to be held upright so he can see everything that is going on...and he's constantly looking around, moving his head in every direction, just to make sure he doesn't miss a thing! Jackson and Jules are OBSESSED with him already, and yeah...so am I! He looks a lot like Jackson did when he was a baby, which makes me sad to think how fast these kiddos are growing up! I tell them all the time to Stop Growing..I like you just the way you are..but they don't listen..

I got in some good holding, hugging, and play time with all the kids that afternoon and night. Jackson came in the bedroom Sunday morning, to make sure I was up. He said he got up early so we could have breakfast together and hang out! (LOVE HIM) So we ate poptarts and chatted a while, before everyone else was up and moving around. He and Jules got ready for church while Joe and I packed up to head home. We did get a little ipod picture/video time before they had to go...and I've got some great pics and video of Jackson and Jules and Joseph that I laugh at every time I watch! I think most of the videos are kind of big..so I haven't transferred them to my computer yet...but here are some pics of the weekend at my Brother's house:
CHEESE!!!
Jules is ALL girl and has about 50 dolls! She LOVES them!
I love how much Jack loves his brother and sister..it's sweet he's such a good big brother! It's crazy how big Joseph even looks with Jack!
I asked for a big smile..this is what I got...love this kid!
They both love and kiss on this little baby! It's so sweet to watch!
Big Joeybear and Little Joeybear! yes..I even got Joe to hold a baby! haha, Although I did have to just set Joseph in Joe's arms..look how sweet it turned out though! love it!
Me and my Little Joeybear..just adore him already!!


Sunday, was a LONG driving day, as we made our 6 hour drive back to Memphis..thanks to ME! Joe did drive all the way down..so I guess it's fair! We did get to stop again in Jackson, MS to see another of my best friends from college, Rachael, and got to eat some lunch and have a quick visit with her.

It was a full weekend, but we are soo glad we got to see our friends, and all these babies when they are actually newborns...they grow so fast, I didn't want to miss out on seeing them so little! And I'm so proud of these mom's...with the lack of sleep and constant care..it's got to be a tough job! But I guess those sweet faces are worth it too!! Can't wait to see them again!!!

Up next for this weekend...NOTHING!!! Well, if you count Joe working on the bathroom (yes it's ALMOST DONE!) and me cleaning the house as nothing..but it will be nice to be at home.

No comments: