
If you don't...you can borrow my hat. That I made. With my Mimi.
So I haven't mentioned this before, but I've taken up a new hobby. I now crochet. Not extremely well, but I am working on it. My Mimi (grandmother) has been crocheting all my life. Her mother taught her. My grandmother on my mom's side used to crochet. It's just something that has been passed down in my family, with the exception of my mom..who never learned! (Maybe one day!!) Well I'm not getting any younger and neither is my Mimi, so I finally set a goal this year for 2011 to learn for myself. I've been wanting to for several years, but always came up with too many reasons for why I was too busy to sit down and do it. Well this year, I set aside 1 hour a week to go over and visit with Mimi while she teaches me her little craft. I actually have really been enjoying it too. Sort of relaxing to sit and crochet in general.
So this is my proof...I have actually made something...It's a little small. I made Joe try it on, and it was a little snug on his head, so next time I'll have to make it a little bigger for him. But I'm kinda proud of myself!
Next project is a blanket for our house. I'm not quite ready or sure of my work to start giving it as gifts just yet. But I'm practicing and working at getting better and better..
PS..Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

2 comments:
It looks awesome! I can knit scarves, but that's it. They're just straight, really long rectangles. :)
I'm so proud of how much you've blogged so far this year!!
I am so proud!! Very domestic! I can knit, but not crochet...we will have to have a knitting circle :)
Are you prenesting??
love~
Post a Comment